Raul Malo Sign Up For Email Updates
HomeAboutNewsTourMusicVideosGalleriesJournalFansForumStoreFriendsContact
July 23, 2014, 08:10:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Come Unto Me" on Dallas season finale!  (Read 2148 times)
MariaChiara
Grand Poobah

Peace, love and music

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2013, 09:28:32 pm »

A fan (Carolyn McDonald) just posted on Facebook that "Come Unto Me" was playing during the entire last scene in the season finale of Dallas. How awesome is that?

“For every broken-hearted lover, love was once anew. And that will be the hope that gets me through eternity. Along with all the memories that belong to you and me.”  ~Raul Malo, "Fall Apart"
Amanda D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 09:34:21 pm »

That's pretty awesome!  I wish I could have caught it, but I never even knew this show existed.  What can I say?  I'm so obsessed with music, I don't have much time for TV.   Wink
Johnny75

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 10:00:17 pm »

It was pretty awesome.  My wife got me out of the garage to come see it. Lots of stuff happening during the song. It's cool when the scene turns to a character in Mexico and the spanish version starts playing.

I was in the garage gluing the top on a ukulele at the time......I think I got it on straight. I hope I don't have to blame Raul if its crooked when I take it out of the jig in the morning.
kimjob55

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 11:00:27 am »

Maria, Gracie has a video of it on the "Mavericks Fans Unite" FB site,can you upload it here?

It's good to live in Maloworld
Jellybean85

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 12:59:54 pm »

I haven't been watching Dallas, but I was really excited on Sunday when I finally heard it in 'Nashville'! I was a bit behind and finally had a catch-up day!
cmpblue
Grand Poobah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 04:14:23 pm »

Wonderful "product placement"!!! This should get quite a few new people interested in The Mavericks music!
Crista

I can't express
the ridiculous excess of joy;
the right set of chords,
the juxtaposition of a few notes and words,
can bring to a heart
that had broken apart
into thousands of pieces...
What a miracle this is!
MariaChiara
Grand Poobah

Peace, love and music

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 05:53:49 pm »

I just watched this (Thanks to Gracie) and all I can say is WOW! The song fit perfectly in those scenes in English and Spanish and how cool that they played so much of it. Ya gotta know people are going to be looking to see who sang that. It's got quite the hook....perfect for reeling people in.  Cool Cool Another proud moment!!!

“For every broken-hearted lover, love was once anew. And that will be the hope that gets me through eternity. Along with all the memories that belong to you and me.”  ~Raul Malo, "Fall Apart"
banjocat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 09:57:00 am »

I got to watch the show last night and indulged in a very smug smile when the music started playing (my husband and daughter didn't know it would be on). What a great use of the song's drama and passion! The music editor must have had a ball with it. Props to the guys and especially Raul!
D. Bravo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 05:01:56 am »

Thanks to Gracie, I was also able to watch this! Smiley Love the way they combined the English with the Spanish version of this awesome song! And it seemed to play on forever! Love that! Since it ended the episode, I'm sure lots of folks will be looking into finding out more about this song and the Mavericks!! Smiley Smiley
Gracelander
Grand Poobah

"Lies, all I ever hear are lies"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 10:31:12 pm »

I normally don't go viewing the comments on my youtube uploads but tonight I did it just for the hell of it.  I was really happy to see some comments coming in from people who are liking Come Unto Me because of the Dallas show. Great idea to use this song!

"dallas and JR brought me here"

"J.R. brought me here ...."

"A great season of dallas over.... and this song was a great way to end it"

"I also am here because of the DALLAS season finale. Such a powerful tune and it sounds just as good live as it does recorded! "There is nothing that anyone can say to meeeeee..."

Smiley

Flectere si nequeo Superos, Acheronta movebo
D. Bravo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 12:23:29 am »

I normally don't go viewing the comments on my youtube uploads but tonight I did it just for the hell of it.  I was really happy to see some comments coming in from people who are liking Come Unto Me because of the Dallas show. Great idea to use this song!

"dallas and JR brought me here"

"J.R. brought me here ...."

"A great season of dallas over.... and this song was a great way to end it"

"I also am here because of the DALLAS season finale. Such a powerful tune and it sounds just as good live as it does recorded! "There is nothing that anyone can say to meeeeee..."

Smiley
Now see there Gracie, you just gave us proof that playing "Come Unto Me" at the end of the Dallas season finale was a good thing! Smiley New folks are diggin' "Come Unto Me" which of course means more exposure and new fans for Raul and the Mavericks!! Very Cool! Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: